Thursday 24 July 2014

Oh no ! Not more old tat…

 
Oh deary me, I really have let this old blog of mine slip, haven’t I ?!
I was a bit unsure whether to start up this blog again by only blogging about ‘recent’ happenings, or to carry on first with the blogs I forgot to post…. So, I’ve decided to mix ‘em- One old, one new- well, it sounds like a good ideal to me!

So let’s start with some of my purchases from the merry month of May, shall we…

 

A load of fine crochet cotton- perfect of a load of projects I have planned....
 
 
 
Little lacy gloves... way cheaper than crocheting your own!
 
 
 
 
Pretty photos of perfect people....
 
 
Collars, glorious collars...
 
 
 
 
The little white one still has its price label, too...
 
 
A pair of 1920s shoes for £2- they fit perfectly as well....
 
 
A dinky little crepe camisole- and yes, it is in dire need of a press...
 
 
 
 
A Thetford Pulp-ware baby bath and a 1950/60s changing mat ( 'cause I really need these!)...
 
 
 
A gorgeous 30s hat and leather hatbox....
 
 
 

Another parachute panel and some very pretty 30s (?) fabric....
 

 
... And...
 
 
Quite possibly my favourite purchase of the day. Such a wonderful portrait from 1945. I'm just a tad envious of he lovely jacket !
All I need to do now is find a little bit of wall space to hang he... sounds simple, but you should see my walls !
 
Quite the haul, eh?
 
Well, that is enough of me showing off for now. I'm going to try my hardest to keep this blog up and running- I've certainly got a lot to catch up on - new jumper, dressmaking, RAF Friday's, some events and more !
 
 
TTFN,
Tupps xxx
 
 



11 comments:

  1. Wow you have done incredibly well! I love the collars in particular and the changing mat, I would have bought that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a haul! I envy you that parachute panel. One of these days I want to at least touch one, if not take it home with me... :)

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like you made some fantastic finds! I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous about the shoes. I love all those vintage styles, but I have never found a pair of shoes earlier than the 80s that actually fit me. Now I actually believe one older woman that I knew who had large feet, and would tell me they just didn't make shoes in her size when she was younger.
    I'm glad to see you're planning on updating your blog again. I found it while you weren't updating, so I'm glad I'll have more to read in the future.
    Cheers!
    Jessica, cakesandcakesvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your blog don't ever give up posting. You have some very unique and different things to share, it really is worth the wait if you find it a struggle to post updates I for one will stick around. I am sure that many other people feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to your future posts. Those shoes are a fantastic find - you seem to have a knack for ferreting out treasures. Will you remove the price tag from the collar, or will you try to wear it with the tag on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such fantastic finds !
    The fabric is really gorgeous, I'm now waiting to see what beatiful dress you'll make with it ! ;-)
    And I agree with you, this portrait is really awsome...I'm a bit jealous !

    Solenn from http://tuttifruttivintage.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The changing mat is fab, some great finds there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to read that three times just to make sure I wasn't missing a zero or two. 1920s shoes for just two pounds is an astonishingly good deal. Awesome vintage bargain hunting, dear Tups!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds, and lovely to see your blog updated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely hat, well, lovely haul all round. The vintage baby bath is a really useful item for storing tat in, well, that's what I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great range of goodies. I look forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...