Sunday, 17 June 2012

Tickety's Tip Top Tunes- Double

Serenade In Blue
***
I've got a gal in Kalamazoo


This weeks tip top tunes is in memory of the ever so beautiful Ann Rutherford, who sadly passed away on June 11th.

I have chosen two great tunes from the film Orchestra Wives, in which Ann starred along side George Montgomery (Carole Landis, Cesar Romero and the wooden top, Glenn Miller and his band also feature!).
 The film is great fun, but I do think George's character is a real stinker and he most certainly doesn't deserve our lovely Ann! Well actually, I'm pretty sure I wasn't taken by George, though I could be mistaken as it's quite a long time since I last watched the film..... Now if that isn't a worthy excuse get out the dvd, then I don't know what is?

Any roads up, here are the sheet music and tunes to match....

of course, I don't want her outfit and hat- no, not at all!
 


Quite some dress that Lynn Bari is wearing, ain't it!
(haha great grammar!) hair isn't bad either...
(oh I'm such a girl!)


I think this song is grand, but is the sort of tune that gets stuck in your mind!


This clip has been taken form the film and also showcases the A.M.A.Z.I.N.G Nicholas Brothers- my can those fellas dance…. You most certainly wouldn’t want anything to go wrong with their dance routines….. ouch! Oh and wont you just look at the cracking Miss Marion Hutton- how cool is she!



Ann Rutherford
2 November, 1917- 11 June 2012

***

Happy Tip Top Tunes All
Tupney xxx

6 comments:

  1. Serenade in Blue is an all time favourite, though I love the Ray Eberle version. And "I've got a girl is also fantastic"

    Are you perchance a fan of Sam Browne?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've dug out all my Glenn Miller recordings as a result of this post - "Kalamazoo" is a particular favourite. I've seen excerpts of Orchestra Wives (and Sun Valley Serenade ) but never the whole films. I don't think it's ever been shown here in the UK?

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway to be in with a chance of winning a copy of The Glenn Miller Story on DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post,I really like your article

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab stuff - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...