Wednesday 1 August 2012

Wavy Navy Wednesday!

…actually isn’t “Wavy Navy” a name given to the Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve? Anyway, I'm not sure, but I'm unable to think up another name.  : ( So wavy navy it shall stay.

Don’t worry; this won’t be a regular spot on my blog, as I don’t have a lot of navy related treasures. So my deary-dos you can sigh a sigh to end all sighs ;)
I just thought I would share these two recent acquisitions from the weekend, before they get put away in the old cabinet with the rest of ‘em.
***

In my opinion, this little swinging pendant brooch was quite a find- mother spotted it as I was too busy being transfixed by a portable hanging wardrobe at the time. Twas really nice as well, but far too pricey if you ask me. The wardrobe thingy, not the brooch!


This portrait of a handsome young sailor has been cut out, then sandwiched between some Perspex- you must all know how I like me Perspex jewellery by now, eh! Quite effective I thought.  Oh and what about his wavy locks? Well, I do like a nice wave me. : D

 ***

The second is a little more common- and I’m only saying that because the seller had two! I picked the better of the two (naturally!) and went merrily on my way. As you can see its a ring…. with enamelling…. say’s “ Royal Navy”…not much more I can say, as it’s pretty and obvious what it is!


Ah, I didn’t tell you that it was silver, did I… and a bargain to boot! As you can imagine I was extremely pleased to find it, as I do have a hard time finding affordable ye olde rings that fit my slim fingers. I now have visions of wearing my RAF, ATS and RN rings all at once- haha! Well I can’t show my allegiance to only one of the services- it wouldn’t be fair!

By the way, I won’t really wear them all together! ; ) Yes I'm mad, but not that mad!

And before I forget, the weekend also sorted out my RAF Friday problem- big smiles.
I don't like to wish the week away as this year has gone quickly enough as it is, but I'm now looking forward to RAF Friday!

TTFN
Tickety xxx

7 comments:

  1. I love the first one, I'll have to show my husband as he always likes to see RN related items. Two of mine can be seen here - http://follybird.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/vintage-jewellery.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like seeing your treasures, I wonder who he was. Always think it's so sad that something like that can end up unwanted and unknown by anyone from the original family. Just as well there are people like us willing to rescue them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome chap! I love the little bow and the diamond shape, what a find

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific navy treasures indeed. I can the see the ring, with its substantial size, working well with winter outfits, especially thick sweaters or tweed suits.


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ring is excellent ... is it for sale... if not can you tell from the box who made it?

    Many Thanks

    David

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi David, sorry the ring isn’t for sale as I bought it to wear, and I’m afraid the box didn’t come with the ring either! All I know is that its made of sterling silver…

    Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. : )
    Tupney.

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...