Sunday 13 May 2012

Oh no, not more Junk- 1930's Galleon.

Yup, I'm afraid so, and what a beauty my latest purchase is too!
In the space of a week I have managed to acquire two more plaster pretties to add to my ever growing collection, with this little cracker being the second.
I remember seeing it a year ago, whilst on the annual 'one day holiday', but as I had already bought a much larger plaster pretty, this one was left on the shelf (well, actually it was on a table, but really what has that got to do with the price of fish- eh?) Anyhoo, none of that really mattes as it’s now safely at home with yours truly.



Before I attacked it with a few cotton-wool buds to get rid of the 70 year old dirt- ewe!



… after the clean- ok, so the difference isn’t breathtaking, but it’s probably the only clean it will get in the next ten years, so please marvel at the brightness now, before the sparkle is lost!

Something else to add to my future nautical themed cocktail cabinet/bar area, me thinks!



Cheerio for now me deary do's
I shall hopefully be back soon with something a little more interesting, but don't hold your breath!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxxx


11 comments:

  1. I hate to ask this but... er, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, if you mean 'what is the subject'- it be a ship,(arrrg- pirate like! ;-) and if you mean 'what is the object' then it's just another bit of tat to hang on ones wall!

      Delete
    2. It's very nice and reminds me of the Golden Hind on old ha'pennies (and also one of the tin pieces on my grandparents' old Monopoly set) but I have to ask - aren't the sails facing the wrong direction? It's driving me crazy! ;-)

      Delete
    3. haha, so they are!!! I s’pose the sculptor was using a bit of artistic license, well, that or he didn't know his ships! T x

      Delete
    4. Or the ship was going backwards...! ;-p

      Delete
  2. Oh darn it, I wish I'd seen that! You're one day holiday was clearly a success :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, it was indeedy! Well, I couldn't leave it behind for a second year could I now ;-)

      Delete
  3. there's always room for more junk, especially 1930s junk. Ooh need to send you a photo of a marmalade jar I have with RAF insignia on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that just a great little piece! I think that's an amazing theme for a bar area, too!

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...