Tuesday 11 February 2014

Home Chat: Feb 12th 1955

 
(Due to my incompetence, I have had to postpone sharing this lovely twin-set pattern on pdf format. Don’t worry though, as soon as I have worked out how to do something,I will post it here and announce its arrival on a future blog or facebook!)  
 
I’m sorry if any of the images appear a bit checkerboardy on your screen. I’m not sure what is going on with them. Maybe it’s just my computer, as they seem to be all “Tickety Boo” on Mammy’s ipad!  
 
 

 

 

 



 




 



 
I’m afraid this Home Chat isn’t the most enthralling of magazines, but it is the only one that had anything Valentiney in- hence the sharing! I shall endeavour to find a more interesting magazine for next time… honest! ;)
 
Your
Tupney x
 

12 comments:

  1. all images are clear at my screen - no worry.
    had to laugh about the massage thing.....
    happy valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good on my screen, too! And I can't wait for that twin set! It's just adorable! I love all the details. How are the swirls made? Are those knitted in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lovely post! Thank you for sharing! Merry from,eachlittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, she look glam in that knitting pattern! And don't you just love Joyce Grenfell?
    I have just aquired some more old mags from the 40s, so am looking forward to going through them.
    My friend has been trying to find twin sets for her very elderly mother but to no avail. Does anyone know if they still exist? Apart from the eye wateringly expensive things in cashmere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking of trying that trick with a modern skirt I bough - gorgeous 50s-style print, but a good six inches too short! It's nice to know that the method I came up with is one that would actually have been used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely magazine pages one and all - the scrumptious Valentine's Day menu caught my eye in particular.

    Have a splendid February 14th, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for sharing it on this Valentine's day
    Wishing you a Happy Valentine's day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there! I just want to congratulate you for such a fantastic blog. Your blog is fun, interesting and full of glamour! I read each post of your since the commencement (yes, I was persistent over this past week), and was so much fun! And I was so amazed to find the garments that I have bookmarked for knitting list last year, knitted and finalized by you here. What a splendid job, gal! ;-)

    Please give me some more of that dash of Worcester sauce! :o)

    Miss Beta xx

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...