Sunday 1 May 2011

Just a quick hello and a post of badly lit/quality photos of today’s outfit….

 I’m not feeling quite up to doing much at the moment as I am k-knackered after putting on a small-ish display of some of my collection for a small local 40’s do. (for some reason smallish is not quite the same as small- ish! Hehe don’t ask- my brain is too muddled!)

Pictures of the display shall be shown in the week (fingers crossed), as will some snaps from my mini one day holidays!

So here’s what this young lady wore today-

Dress: early forties- but could be a little earlier and unfortunately has been taken up at some point. I shall take some better photos soon-ish to show off the details. It has Bows and everyfink!

Hat: late thirties/early forties. I’m ashamed to say it’s the first time I have worn it! (gasp and slap hands) It was a Christmas gift from Ma and Pa quite a few years ago, and with the reason of it not being worn due to the fact I thought it didn’t suit.  I must have change as I think it’s rather lovely on now (hehehe- if I do say so myself!) It must be my growing hair- well who knows. All I can say is that its ‘living quarters’ will be changed from an inaccessible hat box to one of my ‘easy to hand’ hat boxes! Ahh I do like a nice hat. ;-)

Anyhoo must dash, food to be eaten, tv to be watched, and feet to be put up!
Never mind about putting the display away......that can wait!
,
Cheerio Folks
Tupney xxx

9 comments:

  1. Looking like a real life advert from the era - as usual!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, lovely. Great hat too! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!! I stood talking to you for a short time today. You really were the picture of pure vintage ness. Nice to have met you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I don't think that hat could be any more perfect with that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely outfit; the dress is so stylish the hat is delightful, especially with those cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an outfit, delightful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair, your hat, your dress... you! All amazing! I'm loving your blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...