Wednesday 15 February 2012

My Funny Valentine

Or in my case.... 
My funny and moth eaten Valeri!
 Yet again I have missed the boat somewhat with the whole valentine’s thing..... my excuse being that I was far too busy munching chocolates, opening cards and sneezing from the bundles of flowers - I was positively swamped!
Well perhaps not!
Anyhoo, here's my Valentine and he goes by the name of Val.
Valeri 'mothy' Canada to be precise!
Such a dear old soul!
I found out in one of my many home management books
 that Valerie means Valiant- quite apt me thought!

He's such a sweetie, but a little nibbled-I’m sure his poor hands have been in some tot’s mouth- poor fella! I fell in love with this little Canadian airman at first sight, and after much deliberation (I was um-ing and arh-ing for ages!) I decided to give him a new home, and my am I super glad that I did!

 I’ve decided…. I mean, Val told me that he used to work on the Halifax bomber during the war. He also told me that he got his war wounds one night when his airbase came under attack by the enemy.
His convalescence was lengthy, but Val didn’t complain as there were several pretty nurses, and an occupational therapy needlework pack by Penelope to keep both his mind, and his one hand busy!
He recovered to some extent, but he lost the use of his one hand, which meant he could no longer work on the shop floor, so to speak. Poor Val then took up a clerical type position within the RAF.  After the war he decided to stay in Yorkshire, hoping to settle down with a young lass he met at a local shindig -Val initially won her over with his mighty fine rug cutting!  However,  things didn’t work out, and this young flibbertigibbet ran off with a travelling salesman (for Kleeneze, I think?). Unfortunately Val won’t tell me what happened after 1946, so that’s all I can tell you! These days he’s quite content reminiscing with a fellow RAF veteran (Harry ‘Ginger’ Hawk) and an ex windmill Kewpie showgirl called Mitzi!

Tupney and her Val!
By the way my outfit is what I wore today!

TaTa for now

Tickety and Val xxx

5 comments:

  1. I do love your hat. Val is a sweetheart, he's very lucky to have found you! I've nominated you for a little blog awardette thing, info on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love you hat and blouse! Did you sew the blouse yourself? The sleeves and neckline are gorgeous..and Val is a total cutie pie!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, gosh, Val sure is cute! What a life he's lead, how lucky to have wound up with you! Your outfit is divine, as always... that blouse is darling and how I envy your perfect curls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!

    That yellow blouse suits you to a tee. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous, your outfit and the sweet doll.

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...