Thursday 13 September 2012

R.A.F. March Past.

 
Tickety's Tip Top Tunes
 
 
 
I must apologise for my absence and for the lack of any interest on this dusty blog of mine..sorry!
I have very little to show and tell (that's a lie, just haven't the energy)..the house is full, so I can't take any photo's of my vintage finery, but to be honest I haven't felt like doing it any way, and well, I'm just a grump, which needs no explaining!  I really am in a rut that I can't seem to get out of- just too much on my mind, that's all.
One thing I always have time for is music, so lets start to get things back on track with a tip top tune, eh!
 
Today's tip top tune will hopefully get you all in the mood for tomorrows R.A.F Friday (try not to yawn so loudly!!!), which also need sorting out :(
 
Anyway to the sheet
 
 
What a cracking illustration, would have been far better if a Hurricane was shown too, but I suppose it's too late to complain now!
Nevertheless its still most treasured...
 
 
And to the tune...
 
 

I know this sort of music isn't to everyone’s taste, but I've grown up with such tunes, so naturally feel a great fondness towards them and I hope after hearing it you will too... if not.... then clear off.... hehe, not really. I'm only pulling your leg. As if I'd be so rude!


One of my favourite airforcy type tunes is the Dam Busters March...
(got to love a Wurlitzer!)
 
I'd quite fancy waltzing around an airfield to this ... obviously it would have to be an abandoned one, as I don't want people to think I'm mad- got to keep up appearances and all that. Mind you, I'm not sure how to dance to the more dramatic bits (don't have a clue why I'm worrying- don't have the bottle!)
I also have it on a 78 (can't remember which band), so I just need to fish it out and grab my gramophone, find an airfield and learn to dance... I s'pose I need find a willing chap too, but I can prance around on my own, so I'm not too bothered if I don't.
 
Any roads, on that slightly worrying note, what about this version? It's a bit dodgy at the end, but it's still cracking!
 
I so want someone to serenade me on the ukulele with this- how cool.... One can only dream!
 
 
Well that is all from me for now...
 
Must go and do something constructive.
 
TTFN
Tupps xxx
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. I could serenade you (badly) with my uke, or waltz around an airfield - but not both at the same time, mind! I've got an old recording by the Central Band of the RAF that features both these tunes, too.

    Hope you feel more cheery and relaxed soon - have a restful weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the tunes. I have a secret wish to learn the ukulele and am in awe of the gentleman's playing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that's some fancy ukulele-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these engaging tunes, I enjoyed each one - just as I always do when you post about some of your favourite songs.


    Wishing you a serene, beautiful day,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...